These rigorously-tested purification elements go beyond filtering to purify your water, removing or greatly reducing viruses, bacteria, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, PFCs, organic chemicals, foul tastes and odors, heavy metals like lead and even radiologicals. They not only purify treated water; the powerful elements can purify raw, untreated water from sources such as lakes, ponds, rivers and streams. The long life of the Berkey® Purification elements allows you to enjoy purified water for about two cents per gallon.
Many water filters on the market may claim to be a water purifier, but do not meet the performance specifications required for this classification. In order to be classified as a water purifier, a water treatment device must remove at least 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria and reduce viruses by 99.99%. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements can be classified as water purifiers because they remove 99.9999999% of pathogenic bacteria and 99.999% of viruses, which greatly exceeds the standard.The elements have a unique purification capability that is due to their unique structure. The micro- pores within the Black Berkey® Elements are so small that viruses and pathogenic bacteria are simply not able to pass through them.
- Black Berkey® Purification Elements are the leader in gravity-fed water purification, backed by extreme and independent testing
- The Black Berkey® Purification Element formulation has been tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53
- Installs in the upper chamber of any Berkey® Elements can also be used to upgrade most other gravity-fed water filter systems
- Sold as a set of 2 elements
- Durability: Each Black Berkey® Element is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons of water before needing replacement; 2 elements in a Berkey® system will purify approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended
- Re-cleanable and self-sterilizing during the life of the element
- Elements come with a 2-year, prorated warranty
How they work in a Berkey® system:
Black Berkey® Purification Elements sit in the top chamber of the Berkey® system and, powered by gravity, pass purified water through to the bottom chamber, where it is easily dispensed through the handy spigot.
What is included:
- Two 9" Black Berkey® Purification Elements
- 2 washers, 2 wing nuts, and 1 priming button